Tim Gates 804.347.0453
Licensed and Insured
Hello and welcome to Gates Estates, L.L.C.!
We serve the greater Richmond area and offer estate sales. Our focus is to minimize your stress and maximize your returns while helping you navigate through your transition. We’ve been helping folks just like you with downsizing or liquidating estates since September 2010.
When we manage your event, you can expect nothing less than superior, professional service and outstanding results.
These are a few of the things that Gates Estates will deliver:
- We notify our extensive list of clients.
- We advertise the event on several digital venues, including but not limited to Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Craigslist, Estatesales.net, Estatesale.com, and eBay Classifieds, and provide lead-in signage at and near the site (when allowed).
- We handle all aspects of the sale including inventory, pricing, and appealing display of the contents of your home.
- We price all items in accordance with current market conditions, utilizing our experience, contacts, and resources.
- We are the only company in the Greater Richmond Area offering assistance in the loading, wrapping, and carrying of your items.
- We gladly welcome cash, credit cards (American Express, Visa, MasterCard, and Discover) as well as personal or business checks with appropriate identification.
- We will clear and tidy your home after the sale if requested.
Tim & Norma Gates
Thank you so much for voting for Gates Estates in Richmond Magazine’s R-Home 2020 Readers’ Survey “Estate Specialists” category. Norma and I are very appreciative! We just simply could’ve not done it without the support of you, our clients and customers, and especially our folks: Sue, Erin, Ranee, Martha, and John!
A partial listing of our services:
Where to start = Free Consultation: We will visit with the client to discuss the most profitable options. We will formulate a tailored solution that meets the client’s specific needs.
Scenario 1: A loved one passes away and you need to liquidate the contents of his or her home.
Solution = Estate Sale: After the consultation, and signing of the contract agreement, we will set up an Estate Sale in the time allotted and liquidate the contents of the home. We will handle the sale from initial planning and coordination to organization and sale.
Scenario 2: You or a loved one is downsizing and need to sell the items that will not be going with you to your new home.
Solution = Moving Sale: Once you have moved, we will conduct a sale from start to finish while you get settled into your new home.
Scenario 3: You or a loved one needs the contents of a home cleared in a short amount of time, perhaps only a day, in order to go to settlement or put a home on the market.
Solution = Clean Out: We will clear the entire contents of the home and distribute items to the appropriate places given the time permitted. You will receive a tax deductible receipt for donated items.
Scenario 4: You have a small amount of valuables that you would like to sell, as little as one item or as much as a house full, that you would like sold without an on-site sale.
Solution = Consignment: After an initial consultation, we will provide a contract detailing the terms and agreements of consignment and arrange pick up or delivery of items to be consigned at the next scheduled sale or through an outside source.
Scenario 5: You are moving across the continent or across the ocean. We’ve done them both.
Solution = Moving Sale and Clean Out: Once you have moved, we will conduct a sale from start to finish while you get settled into your new home and then take care of clearing the remaining contents of the home and distribute items to the appropriate places given the time permitted. You will receive a tax deductible receipt for donated items.
Don’t see the answer to your questions? Can’t make one of our SCENARIOS match with yours? It’s okay. That’s how we keep building and working and we will tailor something to fit your specific needs.
“Please allow us to exceed your expectations.”